7.20.2011

Personalized Embroidery Hoop Baby Gift


Ever since I saw this picture, I knew I wanted to make a personalized embroidery hoop baby gift.  My neighbor just so happened to have a new niece born a few weeks ago so I thought I'd try this out for her. 

I've really been trying consciensly to take a concept that I've seen and instead of copying it, changing it to make it my own.  I think I was able to accomplish this today.  Since I am obsessed with birdies as you can see by my entire board on pinterest devoted to them, I thought they would add a nice touch to this little gift.

I used a washable glue stick to attach the birds and then sewed them on with invisible thread.  (It hides the imperfections!)


I added some decorative, um balls?, and some matching ribbon to the outside edge of the hoop that I found in my basement using my favorite super glue, E6000. 


I think I will be making many more of these in the future. 

Hey, I wanted to give you all a heads up.  I am going to be having a Giveaway here on Saturday.  Please stop back by!


I'm linking up over at HouseofHepworths today.  Lots of amazing stuff over there!!!



~Val

9 comments:

  1. Oh, that is DARLING!!! I think I might have to try that sometime too!!! SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute, Val. I love the birds, and the trim is a really nice touch. Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! I love your version - thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was wondering..where the heck did she get a pink porcelain hoop? Wouldn't that be cool if they made something like that?:)
    Great idea kiddo!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this. Might have to try making one for my baby girl when she makes her appearance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very, very sweet! I would love to try something like this....and my younger sister is having a baby in December:)!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. Baby Floor Mats

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like this. Might have to try making one for my baby girl when she makes her appearance. sale on lawn suits 2015 , lown dress design 2016 with price

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you stopping by. Thanks for leaving a comment!