1.17.2011

Liebster Award!

Have you ever been innocently reading something and come across your own name and been taken completely off guard?  You see it, and it kind of looks familiar, but since you didn't type it, and it wasn't directly sent to you, your brain doesn't exactly register that it is actually you?  This happened to me this week.  I was catching up on some of my favorite blogs, when all of a sudden I saw my name in print right before my eyes.  It took awhile for my synapses I register that it was me.



Kati, of from the blue chair, had nominated me for the Liebster Award.  The Liebster Award recognizes awesome smaller blogs with less than 300 followers.  Good thing she tagged me when she did because I'm almost over the 300 follower hump!  (just 297 more!)  :)
Kati is a busy mom, who never seems to slow down.  I was lucky enough to be matched up with her in the Flickr Pillow Swap Talk 4.  I had already been a follower of her blog, and when I was told I needed to make a pillow for Kati, I was completely intimidated.  Luckily, I think she liked it!  Here's a picture of the pillow I made.  Without ever officially asking her, I have adopted Kati as my blog mama.  She has taken me under her wing and has shown me the ropes of this crazy blog world.  (Thanks, Kati!)



Here are the rules of the Liebster Award:
  • 1) Tell your readers who tagged you.
  • 2) Add a link to their blog.
  • 3) Pay it forward!!!   Award 3-5 bloggers who you think deserve this award.

Inform them and post directions to your blogspot. Please don't tag people who already have 300 followers. The goal of this award is to get more publicity to blogs that are good, but not so well known (yet!!!). 

Here is list of favorite blogs under 300...

1.  Ellesquare.  Lindsay is a very talented crafter, sewist, editor, Master Gardener, felt rosette maker, dog lover, speed reader, jam maker, & great great friend.  I know I'm missing a few hundred adjectives that describe her, I just think you guys will see for yourself when you start following her blog.  





2.  The Quilt Engineer.  Ok.  This woman is incredible.  All I can say is she makes me want to have more babies so that we can become B.F.F's and then she can send me one of her AMAZING baby gift baskets (which include a baby quilt, handmade quilted ball, and a matching bibs, onesie & card).  Seriously?  Seriously! 




3.  The Quilting Edge.  Marianne is an amazing quilter.  She is not afraid to step outside the box.  Her quilts definitely leave me speechless!  Please check them out!



I hope you this leads you to a few new sources of inspiration!

~Val
  


2 comments:

I really appreciate you stopping by. Thanks for leaving a comment!