11.20.2011

6 new blocks!

My Heroes Helping Heroes Quilt is growing and growing!
This weekend I received 6 new blocks to add to the quilt.
Wendi of Prsd4tim2 sent in two wonderful blocks.  




What a touching card!



My CosmicThimble partner, Lindsay of Ellesquare, made her very first string block seen here. 
 She immediately became addicted and has made two string block throw pillows for her couch consisting of 
4 blocks each.  
Uh hum...you're welcome, Linds!


Rachael Adele Hager, who is in the Indianapolis Modern Quilt Guild with me 
sent in this adorable block.  Thanks, Rachael!


Linsday of Craftbuds & LindsaySews, who is also in the Indianapolis Modern Quilt Guild, sent this rockin' block.  I love love love the Pink Amy Butler coriander right in the middle. 



Katie of SwimBikeQuilt, who is a member of my virtual quilting bee, A Notion or Two Bee, also sent an awesome block.  
Thank you, thank you, thank you ladies!  


Every time I walk by my dining room table, I have to stop in my tracks and just stare.  This beautiful piece of art has formed from so many incredible people coming together with one common goal: To kick cancer's butt! 


~Val

4 comments:

  1. *sniff* Really, this is becoming more and more incredible with each block! I am happy to be a part of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going to be the most amazing quilt. Every time I see it grow, I can't get over how cool all these different blocks look together. Maybe I'll make one for myself some day out of all my scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks awesome! Lindsay, I want to see your pillows. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I'm string block crazy. I'm stitching up the closures tonight and will absolutely, totally post pics as soon as the freaking sun comes out :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you stopping by. Thanks for leaving a comment!