11.14.2011

Lindsay, Cindy, & Terri's Hero Blocks

I was lucky enough to spend this weekend with 8 of my best girlfriends from High School in Chicago.  We meet once a year and usually come home with sore tummies from having laughed all weekend long.  This year was no exception!  I truly am blessed to have this special group of women in my life!

Another thing I am thankful for is the generosity for all the ladies helping me with my Heroes Helping Heroes quilt.  I received 4 more blocks over the weekend! 

Lindsay of Linzsews made this bright, cheery block in honor of her late Grandma. 
(Thanks Linz, I love it!)



Cindy of Hyacinth Quilt Designs sent in two amazing blocks.  I love the grays throughout the blocks, but I especially LOVE the Laurie Wisbrun tufted tweets chairs!!!
Cindy, your note made me cry!




Terri of The Fox's Den sent in a block with one two of my favorite scraps so far.  The orange henna garden scrap and the wee little "Swimmy" fish from Heather Ross.  I LOVE IT!!!


I was a college swimmer, so I have a weakness for anything named Swimmy!




Ok, now my lack of a design wall is about to cause me trouble.  This is my dining room table and I think this is the last photo I will be able to take before chairs are going to invading in my picture.  Hmmm...I'll figure something out.


Thanks again ladies for your incredible blocks.  They all look delicious together!!!

~Val

3 comments:

  1. That is going to be one gorgeous quilt. I hope it raises lots of money for the cause.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that you like my block!! Those note get me teary every time I read them!! This is really a very special quilt!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This quilt is looking fabulous-er and fabulous-er! It's going to be a good size, too, by the time you get all 40 people's blocks, which is great!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you stopping by. Thanks for leaving a comment!