2.25.2011

Scrappy Pincushion Swap #3


Some women say, you can never have too many shoes.  My mantra is, you can never have too many pincushions!  My husband may disagree.

I joined the Scrappy Pincushion Swap #3 on flickr.  This is a blind swap where your partner is not revealed to you until you receive your pincushion in the mail.  The way it works is everyone in the swap creates an inspirational mosaic displaying photos of their favorite ideas for pincushions, posted in flickr.  You are then given the name of your swap partner, which is to be kept a secret.  You go to Scrappy Pincushion Swap flickr page and find your partner's mosaic.  After analyzing their mosaic, along with looking at all their favorite photos, you try to create a unique pincushion embracing all their likes (color, style, size, shape, etc.)


Here is a picture of my photo mosaic:


I can't reveal who I have made this pincushion for, but I think that she likes felted flowers.  I've hot glue gunned handmade felted rosettes onto the rim of this porcelain container that I found at Goodwill.  I thought it would fun to have one side work as a pincushion while keeping the other side open for storage.  I just HAD to use Flea Market Fancy as the fabric for the pincushion!   



I can't wait until mine comes in the mail and I really hope my partner likes what I have made her. 

2 comments:

  1. I love how you use unique containers to make your pincushions....I don't think there is a person on this earth that wouldn't love to receive that little lovely!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you stopping by. Thanks for leaving a comment!