11.07.2011

Heroes Blocks from Beezus & Mary Claire

Four more Heroes Blocks came in the mail today.  Everyone is blowing me away by sending two blocks rather than one.  You girls are amazing.  Take a look at these lovely blocks...

Mary Claire of Splendor Falls sent in these two beauties.  When I looked at them, I felt like they were made straight from my scrap bin.  Love them, Mary Claire!!!





When I first posted about this quilt, Maria of Beezus Complex mentioned that she would like to help out, but may not be able to get to her block for awhile.  She told me to check out her blog if I wanted to know why.  Being the curious type, I snooped on over to see what Maria was up to.  My jaw dropped when I realized that she currently has cancer and wouldn't be able to help me because she is undergoing treatment.  
Maria, is an inspiration and makes me want to create 100 more of these quilts. 
She is so strong and is going to beat this disease and has made a new friend (me!) along the way!




9 blocks so far!  Aren't they beautiful?!!!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, you got those fast -- I only mailed them on Saturday! I love how it looks so far! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, they look fabulous! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. On the original post you got 32 comments; you need 40 blocks.
    Need more help?
    You live a long way away from me, and post/mail will be slow these months.
    I think you need more AMERICANS (if you need more help)
    Dang!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, they ARE looking great! Kudos to all who are participating!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you stopping by. Thanks for leaving a comment!